Translate

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Fascinators.

I decided to try to make some new fascinators. I made one in 'steampunk' style and the other was inspired by Marie Antoinette.
I am sooo tempted to call this one 'Catching fire"  I know it's a rip off of the hunger games book but it just seem to fit this so well! Look at the red gem in the middle like the heart of a furnace and the orange-ish feather coming up like flames. And for the record that is a humming bird NOT a mocking jay.


 This is supposed to look like  a ship sailing on the water. I crumpled the blue satin and glued it in place to give it the moving water effect.....I didn't have a boat so I made it from felt. yeah..... -_-  I didn't have sails  either sooo....feathers. haha! She would probably laugh!


Here is the back view. I rather like the back. I had the starfish for years and years not knowing what to do with it so I'm happy to have finally found something to use it with. and of course what nautical hat is complete without a big bow?
 I hope you enjoyed seeing my craziness!


No comments:

Post a Comment