Translate

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Contessa Valerie Brewer

I DID IT!!!!!! : D      I got the dress done last night just in time for the big day. I hope you enjoy.
This is my 1873 inspired look. The belt and shirt are authentic in cut and style. The trim around the neckline and hem are also historically accurate.




The pleating on the hem took 9 yards. That was a LOT of hand stitching for all those points!



It took me an hour to get my hair done. I made the fascinator that morning. I was giving it a final once over and though I needed a little something in my hair.





 I love how some mirror shots turn out! This is so "Mirror, Mirror on the wall..."

And this looked like there was a ship behind me and I was stuck in a mirror!! How cool is that?!?


 I love our expressions here!! That is my friend that was Pitch from the movie Rise of the Guardians. She was FABULOUS!!!! She nailed it!


Just a pose I though would lend itself to the look of the dress.




Thank you for stopping by and sharing this time with me! I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I did getting ready for them!  

2 comments:

  1. Val, What a gorgeous, breath-taking outfit! I hope you'll wear it to the library one of these days! Your companion looks great too, such a marvelous contrast.(Is that LK behind the makeup?) Well done, my young friend, as always. --Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wore it to the library on Halloween. Those are the pictures with the brick background. She was FABULOUS!! And yes, it was LK. :D

      Delete