Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Corset and corset cover.

I just made a corset and a corset cover. It was definitely a learning experience!!! I altered the  pattern so much I could probably sell it as a new pattern and not get in any trouble for it. The corset was made from an old dress I had laying around for such an occasion.  I've had the lace for years just waiting for a corset. The lace is now very happy! : D  There are mistakes but that is alright because they won't be there  in the next one I make. One such mistake problem is that it should have been at least 2 inches smaller. When I lace it up it closes in the back instead of leaving a space as it's supposed too do so I'll know to fix that for next time.

The corset looks a little funny in this picture but that's only because she doesn't squish the same way I do. It looks just fine on a squish-able person.  Yeah.

 This is my corset cover. I actually kinda like it. I know it's not completely historically accurate but I'm sure they experimented with the design and fit back then so I'm just keeping in that spirit. :P It was made from an old curtain (regular Scarlet O'Hara). It makes me smile...

 Wow!! That makes my shoulders look broad....oh well. :D

                                 Next step is to finish my dress before Halloween....one week from                                                       today........HAHAHAHAHA!!!!           

No comments:

Post a Comment