Translate

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sunday Dress/ Test Run

   I needed to do a test run of this patter that I wanted to use for  my next costume,and since my mom is always asking when will I make something I can 'really wear' this was the perfect time to make us both happy.  I used Butterick pattern 6018, and really like the pattern and how the dress turned out. I had to raise the neckline about a inch and a half but it still wasn't quite enough so I added a bit of lace to make it more modest.

It has a side zipper that was a pain to get to work with the velvet. If you get the stitching to close to the teeth the velvet jams it and it won't move. sigh. But the dress is warm. I also added a bit of lace to the front waist to dress it up a bit. I had thought of making just a small batch of flowers for there but decided that lace would look better.

IS love how it sits high on the back of my neck. It makes me feel regal and very posh!



       The pattern was very easy to follow and it has a great fit. I think it's going to become one of my favorites.  

No comments:

Post a Comment