Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June Bride

June is the month of weddings so I have put up a wedding display at the library where I work. I display a new dress each month and this was a bit of a problem at first because I don't have a wedding gown so I altered an existing dress to make it look like a wedding gown. Crafty I am.
  I altered  my Han's dress (designed by an amazing artist juliajm15). I covered all the gold with white satin and lace, removed the black velvet ribbon and had the emblem on the front of the dress with a bouquet of flowers.



 So with a display one obviously needs props and accessories. I make a wedding cake out of playdough (make the dough from scratch too, who says I can't cook?) and painted and proudly displayed it on a cake stand I made.


With each dress I change the display table to show coordinating items for a matching theme. It is also to help circulation of the items. This is what my display next to the dress form looked like. We have books, magazines, non-fiction DVD's, and fiction DVD's and it's all for free!!! Just bring them back on time or there will be a late fee on your card. Yup.


Back to the dress. I styled a cheep (like wal-mart after Halloween sale cheep) wig which actually turned out very nicely. The tiara was a gift from one of my friends for a birthday a few years ago.


 I also make the veil to which I added something blue.


Each of the "diamonds" are set individually and are double sided to give extra sparkle. The edge was hand beaded and is not perfect because I decided I wanted a pattern after I had already gone around with one bead type and then wanted to add another and it escalated quickly from there.


And that is my non wedding dress. I hope you enjoyed the show. Until next time.

1 comment: