Translate

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16!!

I wanted to dress up in two different outfits for St. Paddy's Day so I am wearing this dress today. It is a medieval style dress right now but, when I get the over-skirt that matches the gauzy material on the sleeves it turns into a fantasy elvish dress. I had to stay up a bit late on a few nights to finish it on time. The gold belt I have on is not the actual belt....that I did not have time to do as I will be hand sewing the same design on it as I did on the sleeves.


I braided my hair and my Mom weaved (sewed) the ribbon in my hair for me.

6 comments:

  1. You have made some beautiful dresses! You're probably farther than I in many techniques. All of yours look fun (and complicated!) to make and wear. :)

    I like your blog name as well; it's a great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! But, you have been sewing longer than I and though my dresses my look complicated they are VERY simple! :D so if you do have any tip or hints I would really appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can see your reflection in the library window behind you. It gives a full view of your work. Nice job. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mom! I noticed that too and wondered if anyone else would catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty dress. I love the designs that you did on the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It took a while to do but was worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete