Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Boutique doll tutorial

Just a small tutorial on how I made the dollar store dolls look a bit more classy.

First thing I did was to get her hair out of the way. I decide on how I wanted the front to look, got some gel  and style her hair.


I made four ringlets with bobby pins and small clips from the dollar store. I leave it styled like that over night.


When I had the hair out of the way I started painting the shirt and base. I used nail polish since that adhered the best and gave the best coverage.




I'm sorry but I seemed to have accidentally deleted some pictures of the next few steps. I covered her in fabric which I found is not the easiest thing to do. I would recommend using lace like I did on the first one. I then added some beads to jazz it up a bit. To get the hair to stay in the bun I have to sew it in place. Use thread in like color or it will look weird. I could use hot glue, but if I want to do her hair again or in a different style I wouldn't be able to.



And that's it! She is all done and ready to be put into a boutique. I might even make her a hat to model.

No comments:

Post a Comment