Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2013

In my Easter..fascinator! Buckram base.

  This Easter I'm doing something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm wearing a hat! Well, okay it's more of a fascinator than and actual hat. If you don't know what a fascinator is, it is something that the British are wearing a lot these days! They can be shaped like anything and go from small and simple to large and outlandish.
  My Mom and I went to Ulta to see what kind of hair clips they had when we came across this!

I loved it and even Mom liked the hat/fascinator so she said I could have it as my Easter present. Sooo HAPPY! I don't remember how it came up but Mom said she would wear one too if she had one. Well, I had been wanting to try my had at it for a while anyway so this was the perfect excuse!  So I went surfing the net looking for tutorials on how to make one. There aren't that many on how buckram is used but with some basics on how to mold the buckram, guess work, and trial and error I managed to make this.

This was the better shot of the complete fascinator but the one below has better lighting and is more accurate in the coloring.


 It is the first one I have ever made and I am quite pleased with who it turned out. It is a perfect match to Moms dress. I made all the flowers on the fascinator from a pair of white nylons I had laying around. I then painted them with blush and eye shadow for the pink and dotted it with eyeliner for the black dots on the lilies.

sorry about the hot glue string. I didn't see it before I put it up.
I have never seen a fascinator that is shaped or decorated like this so it is my original design which made this all the more fun to make!  If you are interested in any tutorials just leave a comment below or send me a message! Thanks for checking this out and I well talk to you next time! Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment