Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Boutique Head Forms

I saw this beautiful display head on pinterest and just had to give it a try!

 I was going to make one from scratch by getting an old barbie from a thrift shop and cutting her to size, but as I was getting bribe gifts *ahem* REWARDS for the  girls I watch I found them already made and ready to go with just a small amount of work. :) I bought two of them, one blond and one red head.


This is what they look like straight from the box.  As you can tell they need some work...
This is my finished project I hope you like her!
 I painted the base brown and sealed it and glued lace on for a dress collar. I then put styled her hair and put it into a chignon.

I also made a hat her her to display for when I put them for sale on my etsy account.


And there you have it! a but of work and they go from cheesy plastic to boutique model!  Hope you enjoyed. :)

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! This gave me an ideas on how to use some of my damaged dolls. Hurricane Katrina destroyed over 200 Barbies, Mattel playsets, over 200teddy bears,and nice collection of Coca-Cola collectibles. My family made it through without injury, but after my sewing and craft room, my collections are what I miss the most! Many items were purchased to represent treasured milestones and events in my life as a wife and mother. Only now have I begun to look at the salvaged dolls consider becoming a miniaturist. My first new teddy bear is one given to my daughter by a represenative from our insurance company. She decided that it should be the first in my new collection! Thanks for posting your work on Pinterest. People like you are encouraging me to start this part of my life again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for what you went through! I can't imagine what that must be like for you. I'm glad I could help give you some inspiration for your crafting. I would love to see what you come up with! Keep encouraged.

    ReplyDelete