Translate

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cream and Gold Waist Cincher

I am making the blue ball gown based on the new Cinderella movie coming out this month and decided I needed to have a waist cincher! Lilly James as an extremely small waist that is amplified by the overall largeness of the skirt. To get a similar look I was going to have to do something drastic.  I have a corset but I didn't want to be fully laced up so I made an under bust waist cincher. This is the second time I have used a busk and am totally in love with how easy the corset/ cincher is to put on. 


 I modified the pattern I was using (because I have never gotten the hang of drafting my own) and added vertical boning to the top of the corset. It actually looks a lot better on me than my dress form and that has to be a first!
Looks a little better from this angle.....if you squint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment